Saturday, September 09, 2006

Unique Vintage Cars (house pics below)











Here are some cars that I have, some that I want, and some that are just too plain awesome for words. The little red and white one that looks like a bubble is a 1956 BMW Isetta. that is mine :). I am in the process of restoring it. After WWII, when BMW couldn't make planes and no one could afford luxery cars, they turned to this little guy. Most of Europe couldn't afford fullsized cars, and relied on scooters and motorcylcles. This bubblecar was a step up that got you where you wanted to go, protected you from the elements, and got you there in stlye, lol :). The isetta is what saved BMW from going under (though they might not like to admit it! lol ;) )There are hundreds of other amazing microcars and bubblecars that I coudn't even start to list, but I have this one :). others include Messerschmitts, Goggomobils, and Vespa 400's. Go to www.microcar.org for more info :). Then there's the bug- thats mine too (its my driver). Its a 1961 vdubb, thats mostly stock (converted to 12 volt). The spaceship looking black and green cars are Citroen DS's. They're AWESOME!!! Decades ahead of its time. It was like having a cell phone in the 50's. The "magic-carpet" like ride is legendary, and this car will always live on as a timeless beauty. that I will one day own! lol. Then theres that car that looks so wierd I can't even describe it. It's....wow...its...ummm.... The wacky black and silver car is an Aurora, one of a kind built by a priest in the 50's. That's as much I can remember, other than it broke down 8 times on its debut day LOL. So not quite a daily driver...but still pretty awesome. You could probably google it for more info. Well, thats all for now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home